|Here at Number 1 Pest Control We offer a massive variety of services so you can be re-assured that we will satisfy your needs. We offer services to help you sort out your pest problems with: Rats, Mice, Wasps, Bees, Squirrels, Pigeons, Rabbits and Foxes. See below for more details|
* wasps are commonly found in the UK.
* The queens hibernate during the winter, in buildings or under the bark of trees.
* In spring the queens look for nesting sites such a hole in the ground, a hollow tree or in spaces within the eaves of a building, lofts, attics and garden sheds, etc.
* The queen will build her nest with a papery material that she makes by chewing small pieces of wood mixed with saliva.
* In the nest she will raise a few workers and these will start to enlarge the nest and help to rear the next generation of wasps. Nest construction starts in earnest in June and will usually reach it's maximum in size in September.
* Worker wasps will look for food up to 400 metres from the nest. Workers feed mainly on sugary materials such as nectar.
* The size of wasps colonies will vary from year to year, but at its maximum nests may contain between 5 - 10,000 wasps.
* In the Autumn, the young queens mate and leave the nest to hibernate.