* bees are commonly found in the UK. Bees are one of our most experianced areas so get Number 1 Pest Control to deal with your bee control problem.
* The queens hibernate during the winter, in buildings or under the bark of trees.
* In spring the queens look for nesting sites such a hole in the ground, a hollow tree or in spaces within the eaves of a building, lofts, attics and garden sheds, etc.
* The queen will build her nest with a papery material that she makes by chewing small pieces of wood mixed with saliva.
* In the nest she will raise a few workers and these will start to enlarge the nest and help to rear the next generation of bees. Nest construction starts in earnest in June and will usually reach it's maximum in size in September.
* Worker bees will look for food up to 400 metres from the nest. Workers feed mainly on sugary materials such as nectar.
* The size of bees colonies will vary from year to year, but at its maximum nests may contain between 5 - 10,000 wasps. Number 1 Pest Control deals with any wasp nest regardless of the size or location so contact us to get rid of your pest control problem
Bees are robust-bodied and very hairy compared with wasps. Their hind legs are flattened for collecting and transporting pollen. Bees are important pollinators. Honey bees are responsible for more than 80% of the pollination required by most fruits, legumes, and vegetable seed plants as well as many ornamentals that are grown in our landscapes. Bees may be harming your crops so call Number 1 Pest Control to deal with your pest control problem.
They seldom, if ever, are a nuisance in summer or early fall.
Wild colonies can be treated with the same insecticides and methods as described for exposed or concealed wasp nests.Some bees nest in chimneys Combs inside buildings should be removed and destroyed to avoid problems with honey-stained damage to walls and secondary pest problems, such as carpet beetles, and attracting bee swarms in the future. Never use honey or wax from colonies that have been treated with an insecticide. Control of honey bee nests can be challenging. Consider hiring an experienced pest control service if a honey bee job appears too difficult.
Bumble bee nests
When a bumble bee nest is a nuisance, treat it with the same insecticides and methods as described for ground-nesting or concealed wasp nests.
Ground-nesting bee pest control Withyham, East Sussex pest control, TN7,Hever, Kent, TN8.High Brooms, Kent, TN4,Charlwood, Surrey, RH6,Horley, Surrey pest cotrol, RH6
Reigate, Surrey, RH2,Turners Hill, Surrey, RH10,Warlingham, Surrey, CR6,Burgess Hill, West Sussex, RH15 ,Crawley Pest control, West Sussex, RH11
Crawley Down, West Sussex, RH10 ,East Grinstead, West Sussex, RH9,Gatwick, West Sussex, RH6
Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16,Caterham, Surrey, CR3,Chipstead, Surrey, CR5,Dorking, Surrey, RH4,Godstone, Surrey, RH9,Horsham, Surrey, RH12,Lingfield, Surrey, RH7
Oxted, Surrey, RH8,Redhill pest control, Surrey, RH1,Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1,Ashurst, Kent pest control, TN3,Holtye Common, East Sussex pest control, TN8
There are other types of bees you may encounter that do not form colonies. Solitary andrenid bees are common ground-nesting bees. They are also important pollinators of native plants. They usually nest in sun-exposed, dry areas of yards. Although there is just one bee per nest, many of these bees typically nest close to each other. They are usually most conspicuous to the public during spring. Although many ground-nesting bees may be found flying around their nests in the spring, they are gentle and very rarely sting people.
Sprinkling the area of their nests with water may be enough to encourage them to move as they avoid damp areas. The same insecticides that control ground-nesting yellowjackets and bumble bees are effective against andrenid bees.
* In the Autumn, the young queens mate and leave the nest to hibernate.
Any problems regarding bee pest control in West Sussex, East Sussex or Surrey please contact us and we will carry out our professional service to help you.